by Patrick McDonnell
A charming snapshot of the a young Jane Goodall-- famed conservationist and humanitarian --and her early passion for animals which ultimately led to her remarkable career. With anecdotes taken directly from Jane Goodall's autobiography, McDonnell makes this very true story accessible for the very young--and young at heart.
In a starred review, Booklist said,
"This remarkable picture book is one of the few that speaks, in a
meaningful way, to all ages." And Kirkus said "Children will
appreciate McDonnell's original format and take heart that interests
logged in their own diaries might turn into lifelong passions."
* Caldecott Honor Book for 2012
* Charlotte Zolotow Award Winner
* a Horn Book 'Fanfare' Book
* New York Times Best Illustrated Children's Book
* New York Times Notable Children's Book
* Booklist Best Children's Books List
* Kirkus Reviews Best Children's Books List
* Parents' Choice Silver Honor Book
Interest Level: K-Gr. 2
DRA Level: 20
Lexile Measure: 740L
Grade Equivalent: 3.5
Guided Reading: L
Below are some sample pages from this book:
Please note that if you purchase an item from Amazon, they give us a small referral fee.