by Susan Campbell Bartoletti
The Hitler Youth numbered 3.5 million, the largest youth group in ever. The author tells how children became loyal to Hitler, who took advantage of their innocence and enthusiasm to do evil. Follows 12 youth and their experiences, using histories, diaries, interviews, and letters. This book "challenges young readers to prevent history from repeating itself." (School Library Journal)
- Newbery Honor 2006
- Horn Book Fanfare Award 2005
- American Library Association Best Books for Young Adults 2006
- American Library Association Notable Children's Book
- National Council for Social Studies Notable Social Studies Trade Book
- National Council for Teachers of English Orbis Pictus Honor
- American Library Association Sibert Informational Book Honor 2006
Interest Level: Grade 5-10
DRA Level: 70
Lexile Measure: 1050L
Grade Level Equivalent: 7.8
Guided Reading Level: Z
Now that you've seen this great book, what would you like to see now? Please note that as an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases.
This book was Newbery Award honoree. Click to see all Newbery Award Winners.