All the World has simple, lyrical couplets and lovely illustrations that combine to create a powerful celebration of the world and humankind. The story follows a multicultural family throughout one summer day as they go to various places (a farmer's market, a cafe, a lakeside pavilion...) and share the small moments of their lives together.
In their glowing review, School Library Journal rightly called it "a small slice of the world" and "perfection."
Every once in a while, a book comes along that reminds us to notice the beauty in the ordinary. This is one of those books, full of lovely watercolor illustrations and lyrical but spare text about how wonderful an ordinary day can be! Frazee's gorgeous, watercolor and pencil illustrations communicate the beauty and wonder that exists in our everyday lives.
Interest Level: Kindergarten - Grade 2 DRA Level: 30 Lexile: 380L
Grade Level Equivalent: 1.3 Guided Reading: N
* Caldecott Honor Book 2010
* American Library Association Notable Children's Book
* National Council for the Social Studies Notable Social Studies Book
* Horn Book Fanfare Award Book
* International Reading Association Children's Book Award
* Kirkus Reviews Best Children's Book List
* School Library Journal Best Books Lists 2009
* New York Times Best Illustrated Children's Book of the Year
Below are sample spreads from inside this book. Also, there's a nice
little promotional video of this book on the Amazon website.
Check it out by clicking on the yellow square above ("check here to see this book on Amazon.com).
Please note that if you purchase an item from Amazon, they give us a small referral fee.
This is a great book, but if it's not exactly the book you are looking for, you can see: