All the World has simple, lyrical couplets and lovely illustrations that combine to create a powerful celebration of the world and humankind. The story follows a multicultural family throughout one summer day as they go to various places (a farmer's market, a cafe, a lakeside pavilion...) and share the small moments of their lives together.
Every once in a while, a book comes along that reminds us to notice the beauty in the ordinary. This is one of those books, full of lovely watercolor illustrations and lyrical but spare text about how wonderful an ordinary day can be! Frazee's gorgeous, watercolor and pencil illustrations communicate the beauty and wonder that exists in our everyday lives.
Interest Level: Kindergarten - Grade 2
DRA Level: 30
Lexile Measure: 380L
Grade Level Equivalent: 1.3
Guided Reading Level: N
In their glowing review, School Library Journal rightly called it "a small slice of the world" and "perfection."
Awards Won by All the World
* Caldecott Honor Book 2010
* American Library Association Notable Children's Book
* National Council for the Social Studies Notable Social Studies Book
* Horn Book Fanfare Award Book
* International Reading Association Children's Book Award
* Kirkus Reviews Best Children's Book List
* School Library Journal Best Books Lists 2009
* New York Times Best Illustrated Children's Book of the Year
Peek Inside the Book
Below are sample spreads from inside this book. Also, there's a nice little promotional video of this book on the Amazon website.
Now that you've seen this great book, what would you like to see now? Please note that as an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases.