by Peter Sis
A highly visual biography of Darwin and his ideas, created by Caldecott honoree Peter Sis. Although there are blocks of text on each page, much of the information is conveyed in Sis's stunning, intricate illustrations.
Note: this is not a read-aloud, as the pages require up-close viewing. Put this one in your home or class library, as your kids really must see inside this "fabulous, visually exciting introduction to the man, his ideas, and...the natural world." (School Library Journal)
Interest Level: Gr. 4+ Lexile Measure: IG890L
- American Library Association Notable Children's Book 2004
- American Library Association Best Book for Young Adults 2004
- Horn Book Magazine Fanfare Award 2003
- New York Times Best Illustrated Children's Book List 2003
- National Science Teachers Association Outstanding Book 2004
Below is a sample spreads from inside this book. Fans of Peter Sis's amazing, detailed illustrations will love this book.
To learn more about this book, click the link below. Please note that if you purchase an item from Amazon, they give us a small referral fee. (This helps pay for site hosting costs, thus allowing us to keep everything free for site visitors!)
You may also want to check out other books by Peter Sis, such as those shown below. To learn more, click on the book covers below or the link above. :)