Subtitle: Melting Glaciers and the Recovery of the Past
As glaciers melt
worldwide, mummified remains of prehistoric people are discovered. This
book uses photographs, maps and historical memorabilia to discusses the
two seemingly unrelated topics-- modern climate
change and prehistoric cultures. This well-written and well-illustrated
title won multiple awards!
Interest Level: Grade 5-8 Lexile Measure: 1180L
- American Library Association Notable Children's Book
- American Library Association Sibert Informational Award 2009
- Kirkus Reviews' Best Children's Books of 2008
- NY Public Library 100 Titles for Reading & Sharing 2009
- NSTA Outstanding Science Trade Book for Children 2009
Below are sample spreads. We realize these are too small to read, but we've included them here so you can see the amount of text on the spreads, the generous use of color photographs, and the attractive page layout.
We LOVE getting likes! It makes us want to keep making these lists! :) Please press LIKE if you found this information helpful. And help
us spread the word by sharing the page.
Or Pin this page to your Pinterest board to share it and remember it for later. :)